Monday, August 07, 2006

Oh, to be back in the land of Coca-Cola!

This weekend I was thinking about Coca Cola. Firstly they have produced a new exciting cola called Coke Zero which as far as I can tell is what used to be called Diet Coke. The problem they had was that only girls bought Diet Coke so they had to rebrand it for men.

I was then reading the sunday newspapers when a full-page advert told me that Coca Cola were listening to consumers concerns and releasing a smaller size bottle. Now call me a cynic but didn't we used to have that anyway. It was called a 'can' (or' tin' if you were a kid in the 1950s) and it was small but at the time seemed the right amount of liquid to refresh yourself. Then the company came and introduced those massive bottles (which are pretty much standard), before reintroducing the smaller size (this time as a bottle and not a can) and claiming that it is a revolutionary move and that they're listening to our concerns.

Bollox. You're only giving us what we used to have. Still I bet the price has gone up. So they're not completly stupid. While we're on the topic of Coca Cola, here is Jack White's advert for the mega-company:



Still want more stuff to read/do. You can read a review of the Brian Jonestown Massacre at London's Koko and read/see the next installment of Rockbeatstone TV.


No comments:



Check me out, if you dare