Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Crying like a fire in the sun

If there is there a sadder, more melancholic sound than the harmonica solo at the end of ‘It’s All Over Now Baby Blue’ on Bob Dylan Live 1966 album then I’d like to know about it. The extensive harmonica solo feels like a wailing, tortured soul expressing all its grief to the world. It truly is a thing of beauty and sadness and expresses more than the lyrics of the song ever could and possibly more than Dylan’s amazingly expressive voice. Truth be told, it moved me to tears this morning.

Other songs I’ve been listening to today:

‘All I Want is You’ by U2.
‘I Am Trying to Break Your Heart’ by Wilco, sung by Jeff Tweedy solo acoustic.
‘Running to Stand Still’ by U2.

It's All Over Now Baby Blue

No comments:



Check me out, if you dare