Monday, May 15, 2006

Don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road

Estate agents are wrong. In fact more than that, they are evil. Just wanted to get that off my chest. As you may know I'm looking to buy a house. It's pretty depressing, viewings every night after work and invariably they are all shit in someway or another. Estate agents don't give a damn about us because there are hundreds, if not thousands of couples like my g-friend and I looking for the same type of property at the same value. It really is a shoddy business and one which needs some radical reform. I mean why is the system so complicated and needlessly tedious and longwinded? There is no reason for this to be the case. But as usual in the UK it is all about tradition and keeping things the way they are.

Just my two cents, or whatever the yankee doodle saying is. It's not supposed to make sense, I'm just ranting my life away. Anyway the reasons why I haven't been posting here much is because I spend my spare internet time at 'interesting' property websites.

In American it is not 'estate agent' but 'real estate'. There is nothing real about it...It is so far from reality that it is untrue. Borrowing hundreds of thousands of pounds to purchase a small castle. Fucking bizarre if you ask me. 'Bizarre estate' is more like it.

Read my shit here/stuff about me because I am so vain:
The Zutons review (Tired of Hanging Around)
Bruce Springsteen review (Born to Run)
My photo of Will's obsession (sounds dirty but it isn't).

The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest

No comments:



Check me out, if you dare