Friday, March 16, 2007

A whore will pass the hat, collect a hundred grand and say thanks

As promised here is my second post of the day...

Joss Stone astounded the world a few years back with her voice and covers album. She was a girl of seventeen and sang soul songs like a diva. The press loved her.

Fast-forward a few years and it seems like everyone hates her. She appeared at the Brits and spoke like an American, this in itself is very weird. Her south-western accent had been replaced with a Californian drawl. She now dresses like a wannabe hippie icon of the flower-power generation. On her website she has written a seven thousand word (!) thank you note. Thanking everyone from Lemar to James Brown, “i just miss you and wanna talk to u about so many things. because i know somehow this message will find its way to your spirit.”

This is annoying for a few reasons. Firstly, she doesn’t use punctuation or capital letters throughout (this always pisses me off). Secondly, it is so self-congratulating and lovey-dovey that it makes you want to puke. Seriously, if you have a spare three hours then sit down and have a read of it. You will feel much better because you will now be sure that you are not the stupidest person on the planet.

So in tribute to Joss Stone, I’m going to write my own thank you note for my blog.

i wanna thank the lord and his little baby jesus without which we would not be on this planet and the blogosphere would not have been created.

i wanna thank the good guys a blogger who have hosted my blog. Big up to you guys. Of course thanks to google who own blogger. no evil RESPECT!!! i wanna thank the old dude who invented the internet (Al Gore) peace and green love.

Mum and Dad thanks. theres so much I could say but won’t, as I only have 7,000 words to fill.

James Brown. i miss you so much man. There are so many things that i want to say to you. It is because of you that I started to write a blog. Soul man was my inspiration. i know that you’re in heaven blogging with god now.

Whoever started the rumour that elton john is gay is a liar. i hope that you write to mr elton and apologise i have proof of this. love u ej!

To all my friends, who come in to do my make-up before i blog and support me…hugs and kisses. u know who you are
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

[continued ad infinitum]

Foot of Pride

No comments:



Check me out, if you dare